This is what I’m talking about. A light bulb that lasts 25 years, network/smart phone ready and offers dozens of practical applications. Nearly 9,000 backers have pledged $1.3 million to fund this kickstarter project with 50 days left to go and it’s safe to say they have met their $100,000 goal. Inventor of the LIFX smartbulb, Phil Bosua, created this video to demonstrate his reinvention. Be sure to watch it, it’s definitely worth 5 minutes of your time.
- Control your lights from anywhere
- Choose any brightness for a specific bulb, a room or your whole house
- Create the colors to match any mood or decor
- Get notifications such as Twitter, Facebook, Texts and more
- Reduce your energy consumption and save money
- Visualise your music with animated colors
- Make an impression at your next dinner party
- Get creative with colors and effects
- Create a night light for your kids
- Security mode when you’re on holidays
- Create groups of lights
- Strobe lights
- and more…
Developers can even expect a software developer kit (SDK) to take the LiFX smartbulb even further.
Included with your pledge is a single LiFX smart bulb or packs of bulbs can be purchased. Choose the type of bulb you need (Edison Screw, Bayonet Cap or Downlight) and each one is ready to be installed immediately.
There’s lots more information about this worth checking out if you’re interested. Visit their kickstart website to learn more.