Around the end of every year, it’s fun to see what all the trending searches are, around the world or within your own country. The Google Zeitgeist is a good place to get all that information. It’s a great way to see what happened over the year, not to mention a great way for Google to market and build their image even further.
First, watch this recap of Internet video’s and searches over 2012.
And take a look at some of these staggering searches:
- Of 2012, 7 of 10 of the most popular stock searches included Facebook (1), Zynga (2), Yelp (3), Samsung (4), Kodak (6), Google (7), and Electronic Arts (8)
- Tech Gadgets: iPad 3, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S3, Kindle Fire, Nexus 7
- Phones: iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Note 2
- Instagram was the 2nd most searched mobile / tablet app
- Black Ops 2 was not the most searched video game, Diablo 3 was. Talk about old-school tradition. Halo 4 beat Black Ops by 2 ranks.
- And just for the heck of it, Tim Tebow was the most searched NFL player.
Take a look at the full list here: http://www.google.com/zeitgeist/2012